Step by Step. We designed our services so clients could engage with us in steps to see how we think, collaborate and perform. Each step is distinct and valuable. Combined, they become a connected and efficient process. Our process begins with Step 1: Positioning Audit.
We launch brands, new and re-imagined.
Build a strategy foundation with important insights which guide and position you for product/market fit and growth.
Description: Principal Tim Manning will conduct a preliminary audit of your website and messaging; the same for 2 named competitors; and return with considerations & recommendations for positioning, strategy and messaging. The exercise includes 1 customer interview (as available), plus an executive discovery questionnaire to be completed by 1 internal stakeholder. A formal word document will be provided at the conclusion of the audit.
Timeline: Work scheduled and completed within 4 weeks of agreement.
Develop a unique Marketing & Brand Strategy that is comprehensive, integrated and readies you for brand launch and growth.
Description: Principal Tim Manning will develop a marketing & brand assessment, and strategy that encompasses:
- Strength-Weakness-Opportunity-Threat (SWOT) Analysis
- Market analysis
- Competitive analysis (3 competitors)
- Customer (persona) analysis
- Positioning, Category Strategy
- Marketing and Launch Strategy
Includes interviews with 2-3 internal stakeholders and 2-3 customers - as available. A final PowerPoint is presented for collaboration and discussion.
Timeline: Work scheduled and completed within 8 weeks of agreement.
Implement your Marketing & Brand Strategy using a tightly integrated marketing plan with a skilled team of experienced experts.
Description: Principal Tim Manning will develop a budget, detailed services description and timeline unique to your strategy.
Once approved, Tim and his team will implement a fully-integrated marketing platform necessary to accomplish your Growth Marketing & Brand Strategy developed in Step 2, consisting of:
- Website Design (New or Modified)
- Organic Search
- Social Marketing
- Marketing Automation (email marketing)
Timeline: Schedule and begin work within 4 weeks of agreement. Brand launch in approximately 4 months.
Price: Variable depending on launch scope.
Evaluate your marketing progress and alignment with your Marketing & Brand Strategy and make corrections based on expert analysis.
Description: Principal Tim Manning, together with his team of marketing specialists, will complete an analysis across key marketing program areas and provide a quarterly marketing and brand scorecard. A finalized report will be presented with recommendations that align with marketing and messaging developed in Step 2 Growth Marketing & Brand Strategy.
Timeline: Quarterly (recommended)
What makes us different
What makes our tech startup consulting model different is our positioning expertise, unique strategy process, and B2B tech focus.
We know our market position
We know our market position. We are positioning & launch specialists because that focus holds the greatest opportunity to shift growth for early stage tech.
We are a good fit for:
- Growth-phase B2B technology companies with an innovative solution and opportunity for disruption
- Innovators interested in growing a big company, not just a lifestyle business
- Pre-revenue to $10 Million in revenue
- Understaffed in marketing or no marketing department
- Technology or software that is scalable, repeatable and can serve a national or global market
- Seed round or Series A Capital raise in place
We are generally not a good fit for:
- Companies without a productized solution, early customers or services delivery team
- Companies that are fully or almost fully staffed in their marketing department
- Companies that are looking only for individual marketing channels (e.g. social, digital)
- Innovators that are interested in keeping their current market positioning & brand.